1. Adopt a puppy from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization. 2. Donate blankets, food and toys to your local shelter.
3. Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their puppy.
4. Take your puppy to an elderly community and spread some love. 5. Write your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of Puppy Mills in your state.
6. Host a community event to raise money for your local animal shelter.
7. Make sure you have all required vaccines and a regular health exam. 8. Have a national day puppy party and invite all your friends and their puppies! 9. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a puppy or play with a puppy, clean cages or anything else they need help with. 10. Have a portrait painted of your puppy to suspend the fleeting magic of puppydom. 11. Buy your puppy a fun, new puppy toy.
12. Buy a puppy gate to keep your puppy out of hazardous areas of the home. 13. Give your puppy some fun exercise by taking him or her to puppy daycare.
14. Teach your children and their friends to be kind to your puppy by never pulling on his ears or tail. 15. Brush your puppy to eliminate excess fur.
16. Teach your puppy some fun tricks. 17. Give your puppy a massage or holistic spa treatment.
18. Pledge to walk your puppy every day for proper health and behavior management. 19. Get your puppy some leash training lessons. 20. Buy your puppy a cute new outfit or fashionable collar and leash. 21. Throw out all your chemical cleaners and purchase non-toxic cleaners for your home to keep your puppy cancer- free!
22. Install a fence around your unfenced yard so your puppy can run and enjoy some freedom at home.
23. Pledge to never yell at or hit your puppy.
24. Pledge to never chain your puppy to a tree or doghouse. Always include your puppy in your family by letting them live inside the home with you.
25. Organize a peaceful demonstration in front of your community pet store that sells puppies.